Followers

Saturday, 11 June 2011

Gingerloft Asian Blog hop

Welcome to the first Gingerloft Blog hop titled Asian Inspiration. Gingerloft has added many asian images for you to see and they are now available at the gingerloft website. The DT has worked hard to bring you inspiration for using these images. If you have found this blog hop by accident please go to the Gingerloft challenge website and start from there. There are many prizes to be had so keep hopping. There are also some freebie images at the Gingerloft challenge website so that you can play along with our asian inspired challenge. If you get lost here is a list of the blog hop participants.


Gingerloft challenge

Lynn

Gemma

Gale

Kobie

ET

Nikki You (are here)

Gaynor

Tami
 
The next stop on this hop is Gaynor She has made some great eye candy for you to look at.

Here are some samples of the creations I have made for the hop.  ENJOY!


i have used some old papers I have had in my stash for years and layered them onto gold card and red paper.  I have again used my trusty old fiskars boarder punch.

This image is Peacock.  It has been printed onto acetate and I have used glitter .Then I have cut it out and attatched it to the card.

This image is Geisha with flowers, I have printed her twice, once on card and once on acetate.  The kimono(acetate) has been glittered in the same way as the peacock.

This birthday sentiment is from the woodware oriental stamp collection, as is the dragonfly.

i will be entering this card into the following challenges
http://www.craftysentiments.blogspot.com/ Add some sparkle(glitter and gems)
http://adayfordaisies.blogspot.com/ Try a new technique with digi's(acetate and glitter)
This next card has been made with one of the freebies being given away for the hop


I have used the Woodware oriental stamps to stamp the background for this card, the applied lace across the centre of the card.

I have used the image and created a shaker card with punched flowers inside.  The image and frame have been coloured with pro markers.

Here is another sentiment stamp from the same woodware collection, it has been pucnhed out and attatched to a Nellie Snellen die cut and a charm has been hung from it.

I have punched out 2 flowers with an Xcut flower punch, then inked the edges, I have punched the centre( not sure where this punch is from) and added gems for decoration.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges
http://creativecraftworld.blogspot.com/ Moveable parts(shaker card)

This final card has been made using the other freebie :o)


For this card I have used a screen template I have had in my drawer for years and have only ever used it once before! So I thought this would be the ideal opportunity to bring it out again!  The paper is another sheet I have had in my stash for years, but its all gone now!

For the front panel I have cut it twice and added acetate in between to make a window  I have added a sentiment, again from the woodware set and hung another charm off the nellie snellen die cut.

This is the back of the card (fairly plain) with a white panel to write your greeting.

This is the freebie image geisha and fan, I have coloured her with pro markers and cut her out.

This flower and swirls are marianne creatable die cuts, I have added a pearl gem to the centre of the flower.

here is the birthday sentiment that I used in the origional card.  I have also added some ribbon to each of the panels.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges



Thanks for stopping and hopping.

Hugs

Nikki

46 comments:

Maria said...

Wow, lovely pieces Nikki. Love them all, particularly the screen. Maria x

Lynn said...

What a fantastic post for the GL blog hop! Your creations are wonderful, Nikki:)
Huggs
Lynn xx

hazel said...

A fabulous collection Nikki. I love the pink card it's so pretty.
xxx Hazel.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fab creations. Thank you for sharing with us at DDSC.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

E.T said...

absolutely stunning creations!!!!

jackid said...

Hi Nikki you have been busy thanks for joining us atPCJ this time
Jacki xx

Ann Whitfield said...

These are wonderful creations, thank you for shating it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Gaynor said...

Wow wow wow you have benn very busy, they are all amzing, I have sorted my picture out it just disappeared, Gaynor xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Nikki, what a gorgeous card. I love the images and your papers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Faith A said...

Oh! my gosh you have been busy, they are all beautiful

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Nikki, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Marianne said...

Thanks for the bloghop! Your asian projects are just so beautiful!!!

Oase said...

gorgeous cards but I do have to say my favorite is the room screen card, that is just fabulous

Gemma said...

all really gorgeous creations Nikki! :) x

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful creations! Your screen card is so cool~
Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!

Denise and Louise said...

Stunning creations - love the screen. Thanks for joining us at DYSU xx

Shelley said...

What a beautiful project! Thank you for joining us at Scrapalicious!~Shelley

Peggysue said...

So pretty! Wish I could have read the details, but I just did not want to strain my eyes trying to read your light print on the black background. I’m glad you joined us for the Do You Stack Up? BIRTHDAY challenge & hope to see you again!

Debs said...

sooo pretty!! :0)..thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week..and good luck!!...Debs x

Bunny said...

Fabby cards...

Bunny x

Gill McCall said...

what fantastic projects - thanks for joining us at DDS this week

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job on the challenge!

Davi said...

Lots of beautiful creations! The screen is wonderful with all the different elements. Thanks for sharing with us at The Pixie Cottage this week.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, all 3 projects are fabulous. TFS.

Happileigh Scrappin' said...

Very Pretty, I love the pretty screen. Thank you for joining us at Happileigh Scrappin' this week.

Robin Parker said...

Thanks for sharing your creation with the shaker card of the wooden branch frame on the Belli challenge.

Stephenie said...

The screen is just awesome!! I also love what you did with the flower digi!

Starla B. said...

These are just fabulous! I love Asian inspired projects, and you did a fantastic job. I, like every other person so far, just love the screen, and I love the dps on all of your projects. Bravo!

Thanks for playing with us at Happileigh Scrappin', and we hope to see you again next week!

Hugs,
Star

Gerda said...

Wow, what a cute project! Love the colors and have to say, you really created it asian style - gorgeous!!

Thanks for playing with us at Scrapalicious this week.

Hugs, Gerda

foxyenglishcrafter said...

Wow! you have been busy. Love all things oriental and your creations are amazing. i love the pink card and the screen. thanks for sharing
Happy crafting
Julie

ahlers5 said...

Very pretty! Love the card and the screen. Thanks for joining us at DDSC.
Diane

Joanne Gilch said...

Nikki, gorgeous screen!!!

Sue said...

Great creations my favorite is the screen card Luv Sue x

Scrappin Crafter said...

What a FUN accordian card! I LOVE it! Great job!
And thank you for entering it into the Scrapalicious USA Challenge!

Jenni

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pixie Cottage! Hope to see you again next week! Hugs, Karen

Lori said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Jen Leeflang said...

You HAVE been busy! I loved looking at your projects and l those varied techniques - just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Mandy said...

Wonderful cards,they are all fabulous..thank you for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge...
Mandy x

Dora said...

Awww wow these are awesome, you've been busy. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

anita said...

what a fabulous asian treat!

HandmadebyTLC said...

Wow! All of these cards are brilliant Asian images, but that screen card!! Outstanding, thanks so much for the opportunity to win one of these great images!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

maryr917 said...

This is a great card-thanks for taking part in the “branches” challenge at creative belli blog

Janet said...

Wonderful creations......thank you for joining AGOAC x

Maureen said...

Wow! All fantastic, but that screen one just blows me away! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp!

Haseeb said...

i like your are cards but the first one is more attractive .
Plastic card printing
Plastic Cards

Joseph said...

Yes Haseeb i m agreed with your point.
Gift Card printing
Scratch Cards
Printed Gift Cards