Followers

Tuesday 12 July 2011

DT card for craft-room challenge 'Butterflies'

Well teh two weeks have flown by again and we are back for another challenge at the craft-room.
This fortnight our theme is 'butterflies' and I took the chance to use one of the stamps I have in my collection that I haven't used in years!  The stamp is a medallion stamp, but it doesn't say on the stamp whomade it so if anyone know I would love to hear so I can give them a mention! So stop on over to craft-room challenge and join us again :o)

I have kept it fairly simples this time, I embossed the base layer of black card withswirls, then layered it in gold mirror card. I used some sticky roibbon for my stash accross the bottom.

Side view to show the layers :o)


the next layer the stamp has been stamped with  versa mark and heat embossed with gold powder. The layer has been mounted onto more gold mirror card and has 4 brads, one in each corner.

I have then gittered all the layers of the butterfly with varying shades of green, and added some mini gems.

I hope you like it :o)

I will be entering this card into the following challenges

Thanks for stopping by

Hugs

NIKKI

12 comments:

Debi said...

Nikki, just love your gorgeous butterfly - great card x

hazel said...

A beautiful card - the butterfly is gorgeous.
xxx Hazel.

Lisa Jane said...

what a gorgeous butterfly - love the colours against the black
Lisa x

Zoechaos said...

Every time i see this Nikki I catch my breath it is beautiful and perfect love it! Those stamps were from Creative Expression i think but as you say a long time ago. XOXO Zoe

Mervi said...

Hei Nikki,
this is a jewel, gorgeous;-))m

Dolly Daydreams said...

STUNNING !!!!!. What a beautiful creation I am speechless and that's doesn't happen very often !

Marie

Kim B said...

Fabulous, love all the details. Kim xx

Maria said...

Stunning butterfly Nikki, it's beautiful! Maria x

Ann Whitfield said...

This is really pretty Nikki, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Mummylade said...

this is just lovely! Thank you so much for entering the SFTW challenge with this and good luck!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Lovely card - it really "pops" x
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at stampin' for the weekend x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Jen said...

Gorgeous butterfly, lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x