Followers

Friday 29 June 2012

DT project for Forever night challenges 'Steam punk, metal'

Here is my project to join in with team B and their 'steampunk & metal' challenge. 

The sponsor is 
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_oalssW_JpCQ/TFKtYQxMWDI/AAAAAAAAB70/IFk09CcaPPM/sassy%20studio%20designs%5B3%5D.jpg


I have created a wall canvas, the size is 12" x 9".  I used acrylic brown and tan paints to cover the canvas, then inked around the edge with stazon ink. I used spellbinders cogs dies to cut out the cogs and wrapped cross stitch thread around the bottom.

Here is a picture that will hopefully give you some idea of the size!

I printed out this fab image A4 size and the was no distortion at all so it shows the quality of the images!  I have coloured them in pro markers and used a gold pen for buttons, buckles and cogs! Then cut them out and attached using silicon glue

I have added some gold and sparkly buttons from my stash onto the cogs

This fabulous steampunk charm I found on ebay!!

Metal filigree corner from Wild orchid crafts

I will be entering this project into the following challenges


Thanks for stopping by


Hugs

Nikki




7 comments:

Karen said...

This is gorgeous Nikki and what fab colouring, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

NancyD said...

Great card! Thanks for joining in ous "anything goes" challenge at Love to Create. NancyD

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card... thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create challenge this week! Jo xxx

Krista said...

Your card is lovely!
Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! Come back and play with us again soon!!
Hugs,
Krista
www.kristadesign.nl
DT member LTOC

Anonymous said...

Amazing project, fantastic piece of art for your wall ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card and fab images. Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Lorraine x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Very very cool piece of wall art. Wonderful work with enlarging and coloring the images and I love the steampunk theme. So many wonderful bits of metals make for spot on embellishments. Such an amazing creation with lots of yummy texture. So happy you joined in the fun with us this time around at Frilly and Funkie!