Followers

Thursday 6 September 2012

DT Card for Chalk N Stock 'Recycle something'




Well here is some exciting news for you :o) I have been asked to be on the design team for the wonderful challenge blog 'Chalk N Stock'   I am so thrilled to have been asked and am looking forward to the challenge as chalk is not something that I use every day!  But I have just created my first card and am VERY pleased with it!!


Our sponsor for this challenge is 
Lyndsey's stamp stuff, with a set of their choice going to the winner!

I have used and old halloween spider earing to recycle!

Here is my first card using a Mummy Riley stamp

I have chalked the background then added cross stitch thread for a web effect! I have to confess to having dropped my ink pad onto the almost finished card leaving a black line that fell half way across the image at the bottom, so as I panicked I came up with the idea of using the ink pad again and adding more lines to create another web effect that I used in both corners of the image topper! So as they say in crafting there ARE NO MISTAKES JUST HAPPY ACCIDENTS!!!!

Side/inside view

I have coloured the image with chalks and shaded the background

This sentiment has been created using letter stamps I think by Do craft!

And here is my Spider earing! Now I was impatient to take the picture so the glue has now dried clear!!!

I will be entering this card into the following challenges


Thanks for stopping by

Hugs

NIKKI

8 comments:

Helene said...

Great card! Thank you joining the Alota Rubber Stamps challenge

Desire Fourie said...

This is beautiful. Lovely colours and embellishments. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}g

Katie said...

Great addition to your team...thanks for joining Chalk N Stock Challenge blog...I agree no mistakes just how did you put it...Happy Accidents...love it...:)

ddazzled71 said...

Mummy Riley is just adorable Nikky and I love the cute spider dangle and your web effect on your great Halloween Card! Thanks so much for joining us at Platypus Creek Digitals this fortnight and Good Luck!
Danie xx

TRACEY O said...

What a fun card. Thanks for joining our "Let's Get Spooky" challenge at Platypus Creek Digitals.

Tameko said...

Hi Nikki,

Fabulous card design. Love your spider embellishment. So glad to have you on CNS team!

Tameko - CNS DT

Vicky said...

Fabby spooky card, I love it!! Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge

hugs Vicky xxx

Jill said...

gorgous creation thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx