Followers

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Another Nephew's Birthday card!

Hello every one in blog land.  I hope you all had a good day?   I have been a bit preoccupied over the last couple of days as My darling hubby has got an interview for a new job.  One that means we can live in a house of our own and not a school!!  Guess who has been looking at houses!!  He He!!  So I am afraid I missed posting yesterday, and am late today, have only managed to make one card(although I have had a couple ot topper orders to complete!)

OH and guess what!  I won some candy, well a voucher for £10 from the lovely Kelly at http://www.kellyscraftincorner.blogspot.com/. Pop on over and take a look at her blog she has some fab cards to view, and she is a demonstrator for Stampin' up.  Thank you Kelly for my first Blog candy win. 

So here is todays card, I am sure that's what you were waiting for.  I am not so happy with this, as I tried to follow the sketch from http://sketchandstashchallenge.blogspot.com/ and I had trouble finding 3 embellishments to go around the circle(I didn't think flowers would work with this one!!lol)  Let me know what you think.
I have used yellow paper and black card from my stash as the backing papers.  I have stamped a fire engine over the yellow paper to decorate it.  I have used a nellie snellen multiframe for the red circle  and adorned it with black gems from my stash

The fireman is a Whipper Snapper stamp. I have coloured with promarkers.

The fireengine is also a whipper snapper stamp that I have stamped onto shrink plastic coloured with pro markers and shrunk.

The sentiment is a stamp from Lili of the valley and has been stamped onto a nellie snellen multiframe lable and embellished with black gems.

Hope you like it.
I am entering this card into the following challenge



nikki

3 comments:

Sue said...

hi Nikki, fabulous card and i love the engines stamped on the paper, great idea:)

thanks for joining us at sketch n stash

sue
xx

Vicky said...

Fantastic card Nikki and I just love the image hun :o)

thanks for joining us at sketch n stash and good luck!

hugs Vicky xx

Lizzy said...

Fabulous card Nikki, it all works so well together.

Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Stash ...good luck!

xx Lizzy xx :)