Followers

Friday 10 June 2011

School's out, the monsters are loose!

Well did I lie about the weather yesterday or what, It was honestly beautiful when I wrote my post, then the heavens opened, so I am not going to tempt fate today.  No mention of the S** word at all!  My sons have their school photo today, I haven't bought one of them in the last 2 years as my oldest always seems to make weird faces during the photo shoot, let's hope things go better today (am not expecting too much though as my 21month old will be sitting in on this one!!!!)

Onto today's card

I have used Pink petticoat backing papers for this card and my trusty old Fiskars boarder punch.

The stamp is from Lili of the valley called 'Aeroplane' and has been coloured with pro markers.  I have distressed the wheet of white card with brown ink around the edges.

I have wrapped more thread around the base of the topper(seems to be my favourite thing at the moment!) Then I have attatched the sentiment circle (again from Lili of the valley) which has been inked with orange and brown.

I have threaded the buttons and attatched them to the bottom of the card.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges
http://aifactorychallenges.blogspot.com/ Use something new(New sentiment stamp and image stamp)

Thank you in advance for any lovely comments. 

Hugs

Nikki

14 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Great card Nikki such a sweet image love the colouring and card is just beautiful with the layout ooohhhh those were the days school photos Amy used to hate having hers done and hates every one of them I think we had all of them but it is nice to look back and see how they change have a great weekend
Jacki xx

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous Nikki the image is adorable and your whole card is utterly delightful XOXO Zoe

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a cutie .. love the layout and the little buttons
Lisa x

Tammy said...

This is adorable and I love the soft colors!! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!
Tammy :)

Tracey T said...

Lovely to see a boy's card so well done - I love this image. My son makes strange faces on his school photos, too - you are not alone! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Jodie Mackrell said...

cute card! love your coloring! thank you for playing this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

Jennifer said...

This is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Stampin this time xx Jenny xx

hazel said...

Great card. I love your colour scheme and the cute image.
xxx Hazel.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine ……..
Hugs
Judith

cebelica said...

Fantastic card! Great colour combination and fab coloring. Thanks for joining us at MMCS challenges this week! :)

Tanika Iswandari said...

Ohhh this is sooo sweet! I love the image and the coloring! very nice to have new stuff like these :) thank you for playing with us at AI Factory!

Unknown said...

Great card love that image thanks for palying at StampinSanity this week
Luv Jane xxx

Åsa aká Scraphorse said...

Such a sweet and beautiful card!

Thanks for being ODD with us at Some Odd Girl!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

What a sweet card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at StampInsanity this week :D